[AccessD] Gantt chart in Access

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Feb 7 02:38:10 CST 2010

Hi William

Couldn't you use a stack of rectangles you resize according to the data?
Here's an example by Duane Hookom for a report - could be adopted for a form, I guess:

http://www.access.hookom.net/Samples.htm

It's the Calendar Reports sample at the top.
Some discussion of this can be found here:

http://g.www.ms.akadns.net/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.access.reports&tid=1f382f4b-60e9-429c-b96c-67b3b78f9bcc&cat=en_US_440664bc-4ba9-45ac-a263-75b2adc68568&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1

/gustav

>>> wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com 07-02-2010 01:33 >>>
...I need to produce a relatively simple tasking Gantt chart on a form,
preferably with native Access (2003).

...I've binged all about and come up with nothing but a very complicated
report format, a linked Excel chart, or a variety of 3rd party ocx controls
which require per user licensing, none of which I want to use ...this needs
to run reliably in a runtime environment and work in an Access form.

...I've also looked at the Microsoft Chart control and the PivotView without
success.

...anyone have tried and tested code, sample, or a link?

William