[AccessD] Gantt chart in Access

A.D. Tejpal adtp at airtelmail.in
Tue Feb 9 13:42:20 CST 2010

William,

    My sample db named Form_GanttChart might be of interest to you. It is in access 2000 file format and is available at Rogers Access Library. Link -
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=45

    Two styles are covered:
    (a) Style A: Using bound controls - character strings as chart.
    (b) Style B: Using unbound controls - using label strips as chart.

    Style A is editable. As the user enters start and end dates for various tasks, the chart string gets updated automatically. Simultaneously, the month / year markers at top get updated, duly taking into account the overall time span from start of earliest task to finish of last task. (Reference:  DAO 3.6).

    Note: In both styles, there is no limit to the number of activities that can be covered by the chart (as long as the number of pertinent records are within the capacity of an access table).

Best wishes,
A.D. Tejpal