[AccessD] Add-In Express 2009 for MS Office and .NET

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Thu Feb 11 11:15:43 CST 2010

Thank you, Max.

<<<
5. Credits to AccessD please.

Sure.

I do not plan to handle tables in my (first) version.
AFAIU/AFAIHS bloating is mainly caused by other object types, and tables
tend to reuse freed space of an MDB file...

But if handle tables in EatBloat then one have also to find a way to handle
relationships - the latter can be done of course with some more coding but
then the following question arises - why not use KISS approach?:

- make backup;
- drop current;
- create new;
- import all objects from backup (.TransferDatabase...);
- recreate relationships;
- get import/export specs;
- get changed database and user defined properties;

?

I'm probably missing something?

Please advise.

(Yes, I do realize that tables saved as .csv, or .xml together with other
objects saved as text can be kept as a backup (very compact if additionally
zipped) - but that should be called backup/restore utility then?)

Thank you.

--
Shamil