[AccessD] ...for AD and anyone with an idea

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Wed Feb 17 13:42:10 CST 2010

AD

...I'm trying to implement your Match Similar Address sample (from Roger's
site) in a client app.
...I'm working against a linked table w/38k+ records and it is impossibly
slow
...I imported the relevant fields into a local temp table and replaced the
DCount with a standard replacement function
...its faster ...but only marginally ...still impossible to deploy to client
users

...any ideas on how I can speed this up?

...I considered splitting the records using some criteria but that
essentially eviscerates the primary purpose of the code in the first place.

...any ideas appreciated ...it's a sweet little piece of code and works well
on small tables ...but that's not what I have.

William