[AccessD] Right Justify in List Box

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 13:49:28 CST 2010

Here is what I have  come up with.  Code is dead simple and easy.  It all
centres on the Fonts being used for the List Box.

No twips  or  twerps.

I have a LIST BOX with 3 columns. Col 1 is text. Col2 is Credits.  Col3 is
Debits.

I needed to have the currency line up as normal, right justified in cols 2
and 3.

There may be other Fonts.  I would  appreciate if you guys can tell me if
this font come as-is on your PCs.  I have not installed it but it may have
been  put on my system via other software.

DETAILS:-

Font is:  Consolas (Thanks to Dan Waters for this tip)
Pitch is: 8

Text is not very good but it is  readable.

BUT the numeric values line up like  soldiers on parade.  And that is my
aim.

These fonts also might work: BatangChe, @MS Gothic

Here is the code below.

Max

Private Function fJustifyText(ByVal Amount As Currency) As String
    Dim iLen As Integer, strAmount As String, lVal As Long
    lVal = Int(Abs(Amount))
    strAmount = CStr(Amount)
    If Abs(Amount) - Int(Abs(Amount)) = 0 Then strAmount = Int(strAmount) &
".00"
    iLen = Len(strAmount)
    'see if the formatting will insert any "," and allow for them to a range
I am happy with
    iLen = iLen + Switch(lVal >= 1000000000, 3, lVal >= 1000000, 2, lVal >=
1000, 1, lVal >= 0, 0)
    ' default spacing for my list box is 12
    fJustifyText = String(12 - iLen, Chr(160)) & Format(Amount, "#,##0.00")
' Chr(160) on  my system is invisible and has been on all my systems to
date.  YMMV
End Function