[AccessD] Access 2007 Questions

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 08:21:09 CST 2010

1. When you create an AutoForm, all the fields are somehow treated as
belonging to a group. That is, if I attempt to resize one field, then all
fields in the grouping are affected. How can I remove this grouping and
treat the fields individually?

2. When I create a split form, the default is always that the "single-form"
pane is atop the "datasheet" pane. I always want the datasheet part on the
left. It's easy enough to change, but I'm wondering whether I can make the
change to the default layout itself so that I don't have to make the change
to each split form that I create.

3. In the past, I have effectively used the Database Tools | Convert Macro
to Visual Basic command, but for some reason I am now getting an error every
time I try it. The message reads: "Application-defined or object-defined
error." Any idea why?

4. Is there a way to download the service packs (for Office 2007 and SQL
2008 and Windows7 and Windows Server 2008). and install them on a machine
not connected to the internet?

TIA,
Arthur