[AccessD] Using macros - good thing or bad? Was RE: OTsearchinname attachments in outlook2003

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Mon Feb 22 16:57:45 CST 2010

Much more difficult to troubleshoot.  So that would apply to complex
macros.  Not to mention there is no errorhandling.

So if we are talking about using a macro to open a form, why not?  The
only logic I could use against a simple process macro is that if the
object you use has code behind it, it is more difficult to see what all
processes are at work.  (ie, if you have an OnClick and a MouseOver
event working, one is code, one is a macro, you can't really see details
of both at the same time.  Nor would you even see the other event is
active from the code page.)

We have databases here at work with loads of macros.  They are easy to
create.

My only true gripe with the Macro portion of Access is that it's nothing
like what Word/Excel have, where the Macros are actually created in VBA,
allowing much more elegant modifications.

Drew