[AccessD] Using macros - good thing or bad?

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Fri Feb 26 14:43:26 CST 2010

William,

<<how problematic such an upgrade
will be remains to be seen.>>

  I've also heard that Microsoft has no plans for a 64 bit version of JET,
so that may further cloud the issue.

  As it stands right now, I'm seeing quite an uptick in performance related
problems with JET running under 64 bit OS's. Think it will just turn out to
be bugs, rather then a Microsoft "that's the way it is by design" thing.

  So far though, no one has any real answers.  Microsoft has released one
hot fix for Windows 2008 Server 64 bit, but nothing on the Windows 7 side
yet.  And that hot fix doesn't seem to solve everyone's problems.

Jim.