[AccessD] Moving to Windows 7 ??

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 11:18:52 CST 2010

Kicked our butt at first (Not with Access) because we weren't ready
for it, assuming only techies would be using 64bit computers, not our
general users in the field (who are very computer illiterate).

We soon found out that pretty much any computer you buy these days
with 4GB or more will come with Win7/64 (The users were actually
getting Vista 64 at the time).

Our little WinCE/SQLCE updater app was using RAPI commands that
weren't 64 bit compatible, so I had to recompile some apps.

As for Access development itself, all should be well. This was like
using 16 bit apps when Windows went to 32 bit.

Trying to run 16 bit apps on a 64 bit computer, now that's a different issue ;)

David