[AccessD] Conditional Formatting

Tony Septav iggy at nanaimo.ark.com
Fri Jan 8 11:47:58 CST 2010

Hey All
For your information.
Well I think that the conditional formatting option was not designed to
be used with a Continuous form or a Datasheet.  I tried the old method,
John's suggestion,  doctored some of Leban's code etc. etc. Each of the
methods kind of worked but the major stumbling block was screen flicker.
The major one being, if I simply tabbed from record to record or mouse
clicked on individual records, sometimes (not always, maybe I am doing
something wrong), the screen flickers as it refreshes (recalcs) all the
records displayed. Not a biggy just annoying (especially if you are
quickly tabbing through records) and it doesn't look very professional.
What I was hoping to do was visually flag a potential problem and then
allow the user to click a button to open up  the appropriate form(s) for
the record and allow them to track down the problem and if need be
correct it.
I guess I will just make it a report that they can print out and then
they can go and do their checking. Was hoping for kind of "one stop
shopping" but........