[AccessD] Eat Bloat

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Mon Jan 11 10:20:49 CST 2010

Max/All,

    What's the status on Eat Bloat?  I've got a developer on EE with a large
DB (104 linked tables, 303 queries, 256 forms, 106 reports, and modules),
which may need to make use of load/save text to get it cleaned up.  He has
seen a slowdown in performance as time has gone on and all the usual cleanup
tasks have been performed (compact, decompile, etc).    Were trying to pin
down his problem a bit further, but it seems like he may have some
corruption in his VBA project file or some of the Access objects.

  I mentioned Eat Bloat, but want to check on the status of it before I gave
him a copy even though the version I have says it can be distributed freely.
I know some of you guys were working on it and didn't know how you intended
on releasing it.

Jim.

PS.  At the very least, Database Advisors and the Access-D list has gotten a
free plug on EE<g>.