[AccessD] Form Closing Problem - New(?)

RANDALL R ANTHONY RRANTHON at sentara.com
Fri Jan 15 09:08:35 CST 2010

Dan, I think you need...

DoCmd.Close acForm, FormName, acSaveNo

>>> On 1/15/2010 at 9:47 AM, in message <1E1D20B6B8184B2A8328033C3D0A775B at danwaters>, "Dan Waters" <dwaters at usinternet.com> wrote:
At only one customer, they are experiencing a problem when closing forms.

For example, I can open a form in Form View add a new record.  If I then
close Access with the X button in the upper right corner of the Access
Window, Access now asks if they would like to save the changes to the form.
This happens with forms after the recordset has been modified.

If I close the form with a button that uses DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name,
then no problem.  If I leave the form open, then push a button on the main
screen to use Application.Quit, then no problem.  But if I've opened a form
in form view, changed the recordset, then close with the upper right X
button of the Access window, I get the question 'do I want to save changes'.

I've decompiled/compiled, compacted/repaired, and rebuilt the Access files
by importing all objects into a new Access .mdb file.  But that doesn't
help.

Has anyone seen this issue?  How did you solve it?

Thanks!
Dan