[AccessD] Form Closing Problem - New(?)

Robert robert at servicexp.com
Fri Jan 15 15:31:29 CST 2010

Ok so lets break this down......

>At only one customer, they are experiencing a problem when closing forms.

>For example, I can open a form in Form View add a new record.  If I then
close Access with the X button in the >upper right corner of the Access
Window, Access now asks if they would like to save the changes to the form.
>This happens with forms after the recordset has been modified.

I don't see why Access would ask to save form changes if only the record is
being modified. I don't believe that I have seen this before in my own dev.
Work... ;-) .. I know helpful right... :-)

>If I close the form with a button that uses DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name,
then no problem.  If I leave the form >open, then push a button on the main
screen to use Application.Quit, then no problem.  But if I've opened a >form
in form view, changed the recordset, then close with the upper right X
button of the Access window, I get >the question 'do I want to save
changes'.

Ok so this is not in a runtime environment?, and Dirty = True is permitted
when leaving the form focus?

Application.Quit is a pretty strong way of closing the program, so all bets
are off there... ;-)

How much code are you running when creating or "changing" the recordset??
I'm guessing that something (your code) is utilizing the forms objects.
Example: Me.LName = !LastName....??

>I've decompiled/compiled, compacted/repaired, and rebuilt the Access files
by importing all objects into a new >Access .mdb file.  But that doesn't
help.

Have you attempted to completely rebuild the form?

>Has anyone seen this issue?  How did you solve it?

>Thanks!
>Dan

WBR
Robert