[AccessD] Form Closing Problem - New(?)

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Fri Jan 15 16:13:49 CST 2010

Max & Robert,

Not a runtime.

This form only reads data - Me.Dirty will always be false.

I haven't rebuilt the form - this one is quite complex and would take at
least a full day.

I have been working on this most of today - what I found so far is that if I
don't set Me.OrderBy to any value, then the problem goes away.  To
substitute, when the user clicks a header label to sort by that column, I am
requerying with a change to the query to recognize a specific 'ORDER BY'
string.  Previously I was changing the Me.OrderBy property in code.

So it looks like leaving the OrderBy property blank and not trying to reset
it in code may solve the problem.

I did a quick test at my customer's site to see if this would work, and it
did.  Next I'm going to copy the modified form to their system and see if it
still works.  I'll report back.

Dan