[AccessD] Access 2007 attachment fields- Any knowledge?

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Tue Jan 19 16:17:30 CST 2010

As an experiment, make a copy of the table and delete the attachment field
column.  Then use that as the data source for this form.  Does it speed up?

On a separate note - my systems may also attach one or more files per
record.  What I've learned to do is to only store the file name in the
table.  Then when someone wants to open that file, I build the full path in
code (using stored values), then open it using FileSystemObjects.  That way,
as does happen, if the path changes you can just change the parameters which
define the path, and your data and code are already good to go.

Good Luck!
Dan