[AccessD] OT: MagicISO (was: Windows 7 .. I'm VERY impressed)

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Fri Jan 22 14:02:17 CST 2010

I know, it's a sweet little software program.  I used to use xcd or
something like that, which was an XP program from Microsoft, but it was
nowhere near as user friendly as MagicISO.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 11:19 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com; dba-tech at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] OT: MagicISO (was: Windows 7 .. I'm VERY
impressed)

Hi Drew

Where have you been? This is exactly what I have been looking for!

Now, notice this gem on that site:

Create Windows 98/ME/NT/2K/XP/2003 all in one installation DVD
http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-create-multi-os-cd.htm

Also, as VMware prefers FLP floppy images: Open / Edit / Extract floppy
disk image file

Support any floppy disk image file. (FLP, DSK, BFI, BWI and so on)

/gustav

>>> DWUTKA at marlow.com 22-01-2010 06:46 >>>

As for the ISO images, try this:

http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overview.htm

Get the 106 version, behind the Windows 7 link (and one of the others I
think).  I can install that version on anything (just put it on a
netbook running XP pro the other day, and it runs fine in Windows 7 64
bit and Vista 32/64 bit).  In vista and 7, you'll be prompted about an
unsigned driver, but it works great.  You can add as many Virtual
CD/DVD-Roms as you want.  (one of my favorite games is FreeSpace, and
old 'space' game I got with my first PIII.  It needs the DVD to play, so
I usually have a drive specifically housing that iso image all the time
on my laptop.  Fun to play when I'm bored).  It runs in your system
tray, and is very user friendly.  It'll even make ISO images for you
(and other formats if you want).  I stick with ISO.  Did you know
another feature of Windows 7 is that it will natively burn an ISO image
to a blank CD/DVD with no other software?