[AccessD] A2003: Getting values from SQL SVR to MDB tmp tables

Darren - Active Billing darren at activebilling.com.au
Mon Jan 25 09:37:49 CST 2010

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks (again) :-)

Darren
-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Tuesday, 26 January 2010 12:34 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] A2003: Getting values from SQL SVR to MDB tmp tables

From: Me
Subject:Insert Into 101 For MAX
(Original Subject: Insert Into 101)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 21:42:24 +1000

<quote>
You could use ODBC - link the SQL Server table, do the insert and then
delete the link.

This should do it (aircode so may need some tweaking):

Local strODBCConn as string
Local strSQL as string

strODBCConn = "ODBC;Description=Test Connection;DRIVER=SQL Server;" & _
          "SERVER=SQLServername;APP=Microsoft Data Access Components;" & _
          "DATABASE=SQLDatabasename;Trusted_Connection=Yes"

'Create ODBC Link
DoCmd.TransferDatabase acLink, "ODBC Database", strODBCConn, acTable, _
        "tblX", "tblX", False

'Insert records
strSQL = "Insert into tblLocalTable Select * from tblX"
CurrentDb.Execute strSQL

'Delete ODBC Link
DoCmd.DeleteObject acTable, "tblX"

</quote>