[AccessD] Word merge document

Michael Bahr jedi at charm.net
Wed Jul 7 11:40:18 CDT 2010

I was not trying to slam you, just that most users do not bother to
"learn" Word.  They just type.  Example: using spaces to "tab" to next
field--yuck.

Back to your problem, tables mentioned earlier are a good option.
Everything is guarranteed to line up and position correctly.  The table
can even be hidden by removing the borders.  Your merge fields still have
to be defined by you (with names) so the code knows where to put the
information.

Another option is preset tabs.  Not as good as tables because if the field
is longer than the tab the data still gets skewed.

Another possiblity is columns.  You can add 2 or 3 coulmns per page and
have each bit of data on a seperate line.  There is not much control over
format-placing though.

Mike...