[AccessD] Just ANother Old Boys Club

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu Jul 8 16:56:09 CDT 2010

Tony, I have to agree with Gary here.  There has been a lot of chit chat
on here, because the list has gotten much less help requests.  Not that
we don't get any.  We do.  I must admit I don't answer every question
posted on here, but that's not the intent of the list anyways.  I do
answer ones that I can readily answer.  Questions about Access 2007 and
soon 2010 are just not ones I can personally deal with, simply because I
don't use those.  I answer SQL stuff still, and the rare VBA question,
because I am still familiar with such things.

But Access is dying.  I think we all realize that.  It's like if we were
a Windows 9x forum...by now, the questions would have stopped flowing
completely. Access has changed, and new things have come to pass which
have sidelined mainstream Access development.  Access is a wonderful
tool, but it has seen it's better days.

Maybe Access will spark again, who knows.

I'm posting this, however, to ask what you think we should do
differently?  Keep the list quiet, and discuss nothing but Access?  That
would just let the list die off right now.  We've debated things left
and right, not a lot to discuss anymore, we can only field the questions
that are asked, and in the middle of that, chit chat about other
technologies.

Drew