[AccessD] Custom GUI

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu Jul 8 17:09:37 CDT 2010

We've had several discussions about treeviews...is there something in
particular you're curious about?

They are definitely a powerful interface tool. About the only issue I
have had with them in Access, is that in VB, you can use a popup menu
that allows you to right click on a node and get a custom built menu,
haven't figured out how to get that same interaction with
Access...though admittedly, haven't really had the need to build an
interface in Access with that kind of functionality.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Ramz .
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 4:45 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Custom GUI

Hi all,

How is everyone? I'm new here and I am enjoying the sharing of
information,
Access-related or otherwise, as most of the things being discussed are
new
and interesting for me. I was hoping to come across a discussion on
creating
nice and professional-looking forms in Access, or maybe something that
might
look like MS Outlook, with the sidebar tree-view. Has anyone done
something
like this? Has anyone come across something like this? I would very much
appreciate it if someone can share some thoughts, or links, on how to
create
professional-looking forms. As someone once said here, the clients
mostly
care about the "looks" of the system, as this is what they interact with
all
the time...

Thanks!
Ramil