[AccessD] Terrible performance like I have never seen before

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at iag.com.au
Thu Jul 8 19:03:18 CDT 2010

Note: This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer contained at the bottom of this message.

My 2 cents on this.

Provided you tables are in good condition you can move the data from Access to SQL Server painlessly and fast.  SQL Server has some excellent tools to import data from many valid sources.

Most of the work will moving all of the heavy lifting (queries, processing etc) from MS Access/VBA to SQL Server Stored Procs.  The learning curve is not too bad but it is usually a fairly manual process.

I normally keep both database running in parallel until you are confident the SQL Server version is working as expected.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers
Darryl