[AccessD] MS WebMatrix for web development; drifting OT

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 22:07:33 CDT 2010

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but one of my clients is a
Walmart supplier, and the information he can retrieve from the WM website is
absolutely staggering - sales and returns by store, date and UPC code
available within 24 hours (it's in Access 97 format, by the way!).  I
modified his order processing database to import and analyze the WM sales
information daily.

Walmart uses this as a club over the heads of their suppliers - if the
supplier doesn't analyze the data and provide feedback to the individual
stores (like, "I see you are nearly out of item XX and you're selling yy per
day, shall I ship another pallet tomorrow?"), WM will drop them.

Doug