[AccessD] disk drive temps for the Norco 4020

Michael Bahr jedi at charm.net
Tue Jul 20 11:37:43 CDT 2010

John, the water cooling is intriguing.  I researched it several years ago
when I over-clocked my cpu.  I found information on Tom's Hardware that
compared water-cooling to air cooling.  The water-cooling did lower the
cpu temp but not as much as they had hoped once the system stabilized.
Comparing this to a **high quality** air cooler the differential was
**not** that great.  Again the water-cooler is subject to the ambient
temps.  Considering the water-coolers have thier own hazards like leakage,
pump failure, coolant replacement.  Some water-coolers circumvent some of
the hazards by being a permanent closed system.  But then...   Actually
the ultimate cpu cooler uses a refrigerant-type coolant just like your
refrigerator.

But the main goal I was referring to was not just the cpu but the whole
system.  The HD temps need to be controlled.

I suggest make your system portable.  Move it to your living room during
the winter (to save on heating costs) and then move it to the basement
during the summer.  :-)

Mike...