[AccessD] Future of Microsoft Access

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Jul 24 18:33:42 CDT 2010

Steve has summed up my feeling as well.  There weill be a place for Access for a long time
yet

For small task, it  creates great stand-alone application and with a(n) SQL Server BE, it's by
far the best Rapid Application Development environment/Report Generator system out there.

Once you really get your head around VBA and start incorporating API calls and With Events,
there is almost nothing in the business application area that you can't do with it.

(Of course there are times when you can give it a bit of help by rolling your own "glue
applications " and DLLs in PowerBasic <g>)

I hate A2007 with a passion, but  I'm actually looking forward to getting my teeth into A2010 -
there are apparently a few goodies in their that I will can use.  Fortunately nearly all of my
major clients are skipping 2007.

--
Stuart