[AccessD] Attachment Data Type

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 08:17:04 CDT 2010

I have been playing with the Attachment data type, introduced in Access
2007. Using the samples provided by Helen Fedemma and A.D. Tejpal, I have
learned how to perform the basic operations (insert, remove, extract, and
open in original app), but now I want to go a step further.

Assume a Word document containing bookmarks which are populated from Access
code. I have all that working fine. But now I want to auto-populate four new
bookmarks (call them Pic1...4) with photos that are stored as Attachments on
the Access record of interest. I have no clue how to achieve this.

Any help or pointer to a sample will be much appreciated.

TIA,
Arthur