[AccessD] Date standardization

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at iag.com.au
Wed Jun 16 23:09:38 CDT 2010

Note: This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer contained at the bottom of this message.

Hi Jim,

Not really been following this, but this bit caught my attention

"The information being provided are from unbound fields" as unbound fields by default have none of the inherited controls of a bound field (that said I usually use unbound).

Do you have logic in place to ensure the data that is being passed in an actual valid date, rather than something that looks like a data that a user has keyed?

Humans will do dumb stuff in date fields like

"Yesterday"
"Next Week"
"April"
"Monday"
 when you are expecting 30-Jan-2010.

I am sure you have considered all of this, but just in case....

Cheers
Darryl.