[AccessD] Needs analysis

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 13:50:24 CDT 2010

When I get some time today or tomorrow I'll write you up some explicit
directions on how to monitor for bottle necks.  The real problem you
are encountering is i/o bottlenecks add either more spindles to
improve performance.  In our environment I handle a few terabyte
databases, each run on 12 or more spindles with our main system
running on 18 spindles and we are looking at boosting it again to the
mid twenties(26 total spindles I think) that gives you the best
throughput.

Also even though your db is readonly if you are doing sorts of
anykind, putting your tempdb on ssd drives will also give you a boost
here.

Bottom line add more disk and maybe more ram.