[AccessD] Just cannot get this SQL syntax to work

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jun 24 02:55:51 CDT 2010

Hi Bill

At least one issue is that the syntax is not correct. It should read:

	Delete from tblFilterList
      where [MyField] Like "*"

or:

	Delete from tblFilterList
      where [MyField] ='*'

or similar.

/gustav

>>> vbacreations at gmail.com 24-06-2010 06:24 >>>
I hope I can make this question understandable. I have a table called
TblFilterList, which has only one field, Item. It holds SQL statements such
as  [MyField] = "ABERDEEN"

When I change a combobox's value on my form, such as one named
SITE_STATION_NAME, I build a SQL statement which has the text,

	Delete from tblFilterList
      where Item Like "[MyField] =*"

This does not work. I made a select query in the design window to try to fix
the syntax and get it to work, and I cannot.