[AccessD] Shelling to a batch file

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 15:35:50 CST 2010

Hi All,

I am struggling to get the SHELL command to run a batch file from Access.

Any clues  or tips?

The batch file in turn will run and executable in the same folder as the
currentproject.path BUT this exe file is NOT installed so it is necessary to
ensure that I first move to that folder and then run the batch.bat file.

Eg:
g\_MyTest is my currentproject.path within Access
In there I have blat.exe which is not installed and which I do not want to
install - so nothing in the Registry.
I also have blat.bat which I have created from Access.
I want to run the batch file which in turn will invoke the blat.exe and pass
it parameters.

The batch file runs fine if manually invoked.  This is the last bit of
running Blat from within Access.
I will then post the lot to the List.

Thanks

Max

This is where I am at:

Private Sub sShell(sFile)
	' sfile will be "blat.bat"
	const conQuote as string = """"
    Dim sPath As String
    ' move into the current folder because we havn't installed Blat.exe
    sPath = conQuote & " CD /D " & CurrentProject.Path & conQuote
    Debug.Print sPath
    ShellExecute Application.hWndAccessApp, "Open", sPath, "", "",
vbNormalFocus

    ' now run the batch file
    'sFile = conQuote & sFile & conQuote
    Debug.Print sFile
    ShellExecute Application.hWndAccessApp, "Open", sFile, "", "",
vbNormalFocus
End Sub