[AccessD] Re Blunt the e-mail interruption assault - Small business- msnbc.com

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Mar 15 17:03:39 CDT 2010

No one has asserted that.  I did say:

"When people like you report a legitimate newsletter as spam just because
you are  too damned lazy to unsubscribe,  the newsletter starts getting
flagged as spam by gmail for everyone and people who want to see it don't."

Note, that's "people" - plural.

I subscribe to a couple of newsletters which have specifically reported this problem - the
newsletter becomes blocked by the likes of Google,Yahoo or Hotmail  because of a number
of such false spam reports.  The first the newsletter editor  knows of it is when they get
hundreds, if not thousands of emails asking where is the latest issue.   They then have to get
it unblocked and resend.

That's why Randy Cassingham has had to include this in his Terms of Service
"Fair Warning! If you subscribe to any of our mailing lists, which as described includes
verification of your subscription request, and subsequently you report any of our resulting
mailings as "spam", you will be permanently banned from all  of our lists, period."

Take a look at this:

Stuart