[AccessD] Excel - HOW TO SEE MY MODULES COLLECTION

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Mar 18 23:06:13 CDT 2010

That did it.  Thanks.

So, I am playing this game, Ikariam.  The alliance I am in is doing a "practice war".  My General
has created a spreadsheet with the enemy cities in a sheet, and a "map" sheet displaying the islands
in green, water in blue and the enemy islands in red.

I have added a new sheet with alliance cities, same info as enemy.  I wrote a class to load the
enemy and alliance city lists into clsCity instances and store those instances in clsCities
instances - one for the enemy and one for the alliance.

Now I can:

Load the alliance city list and iterate through it setting the island color to something (yellow),
or orange if it is already red (enemy) but there is an alliance city on the same island.

Provide a list of alliance islands close to the enemy city clicked on or vice versa.

At this point I am very new to doing stuff in Excel so my visual is just a message box.  A form
would be a good thing but I don't know how to create one, how to open it, push text to controls on
it etc.

But just what I can do is good.

Ikariam has the ability to use this scripting language called GreaseMonkey.  I have never even
looked at it but it would be really cool to manage to read each island, what it produces, cities on
it etc and populate a spreadsheet with that stuff.

Just dreaming of course.