[AccessD] Read Only Form

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sat May 8 18:31:35 CDT 2010

Dear List:

I have several apps where the user enters their name and a password.  The
user has either read only, read/write, or admin access.  When a form is
opened by a user with read only access I can set allow additions, deletions
and edits to false and that works good.

Except when the user clicks 'Find' and the combo box drops down with the
list of customers or whatever.  Then I have to set AllowEdits to True
temporarily and then, in the Lost Focus event for the combo box  set
AllowEdits to False.  Which works.  But seems clumsy and kludgey.  Is there
a more elegant way to finesse this need to have one (or more) control(s)
editable on a form that doesn't allow edits?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software

858-259-4334