[AccessD] ...table driven command/menu bar interface needed

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Wed May 12 13:56:37 CDT 2010

So odd, because I'm using the treeview on 64 bit machines all the time!

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of William
Hindman
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:54 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] ...table driven command/menu bar interface needed

jc/rocky

...afaik the office 12/14 object models no longer let you build
commandbar
menus from the developer interface ...you have to do it through vba
...as
for 2010, it appears there is now LIMITED customization of the ribbon
interface available that will allow us to achieve "something" similar to
the
commandbars ...so if I go that route, turning the ribbon off isn't an
option
...it appears that the minimum I can achieve through that is a two row
interface, one for the tabs and one for the commands ...and there appear
be severe limitations on the command flexibility ...right now, I'm
testing/debugging a table driven command bar menu builder that should
work
in both A2k3 and A2010 ...we'll see if it works ...but then I'm afraid
they'll deprecate the whole command bar object in the next version
...the
@#$%^&%^'s running Office Development appear to have their careers
invested
in the ribbon and the Access Development team are having to walk
carefully
around it ...now I'm faced with an entire user interface built around
the 32
bit MSCOMMctl.ocx treeview that simply won't work in Office 2010 64bit
because MS refuses to upgrade the common controls to 64bit.

...am I feeling a bit pissed on? ...you bet, like a tree root in a dog
park!

William
The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain II-VI Proprietary and/or II-VI Business
Sensitive material. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.
You are notified that any review, retransmission, copying, disclosure, dissemination,
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.