[AccessD] Report / Query Cross Reference

Brad Marks brad.marks1 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 06:15:28 CDT 2010

We have a growing number of Access 2007 Reports.

All reports use Queries for their Record-Source.

Is it possible to create a simple and concise cross-reference report that
shows Report Name and Record Source?  In our case this would be a query
name.

Here is a small sample of what we would like to see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

REPORT-NAME     RECORD-SOURCE(QUERY)

Report001                     Query098

Report002                     Query499

Report003                     Query372

We have looked at the Access 2007 internal “sys” tables, but cannot figure
out how to obtain this info (or if this is even possible).

We know that we can obtain this info via the Database Documenter, but the
report from this tool contains way more info than we need.

There is probably a simple way to do this, but we cannot figure it out.

Thanks,

Brad