[AccessD] Simple-Talk commentary

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon May 17 05:09:52 CDT 2010

Hi Steve

Reading the few comments already posted, I think it would be waste of time to comment further.
All the usual Access-bashing. Yawn.
Even Tony's own suggestion of using Excel as a frontend demonstrates the low level.

That said, there is no upgrade path other than using an SQL (any brand) as backend.
Other than that, as demonstrated by several list members, move to Visual Studio.

/gustav

>>> erbachs at gmail.com 17-05-2010 11:10 >>>
Dear Group,

I receive the Simple-Talk newsletter from Red Gate software.  It's a
SQL Server-boosting publication with lots of good articles sponsored
with ads for Red Gate products.

The editorial content is good, too.  This month's edition (out this
morning) had the following editorial and I thought I'd pass it along.
What do you think about the editor's point that there is no obvious
upgrade path from Access and that it has long out-lived its
usefulness?