[AccessD] Simple-Talk commentary

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Mon May 17 17:31:02 CDT 2010

Which is why, if you have the choice of IT departments to deal with, you
want to deal with mine.... cause I'm the Network Systems Administrator
here!!!!  LOL

Completely agree about T-SQL though.  The big difference between most
programming languages or development tools, is that Microsoft Office is
typically installed (in an MS Shop) on client machines, and SQL Server,
Visual Studio, etc, are not.  If a user's standard PC included SQL
Server 2008, and Visual Studio 2010, you'd see a flood of poorly
developed apps/databases in those systems.

By the way, on a slightly different note, I've been out of the dev world
for a while, and I've recently installed Visual Studio 2010. Partly for
kicks, partly for a side project I'm working on...and ....

WOW

Just WOW!

;)

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Mark Simms
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 2:45 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Simple-Talk commentary

> when the reality is, the application written IN Access sucks.
Perception
rules the day, sadly

EXACTLY. And my experience is that 80% of the VBA code I've
seen...simply
sucks....and is unmaintainable.
IT departments have come to that same conclusion thus banning it's use.
Funny thing is: I've seen the EXACT SAME THING with T-SQL code !!!
Again, today's IT departments are all about maintaining their "turf".
If you step on it, you're gonna get burnt by them...whether you are
right or
wrong.