[AccessD] Change the Design Time Height/Width of a Form using VBA

Bill Benson (vbacreations) vbacreations at gmail.com
Wed May 19 17:28:07 CDT 2010

Hi,

When I used to code in VB6, I believe I recall being able to set a form to
any dimensions I wanted, and could drag controls out of the working area
(pluses and minuses of this) - apparently I cannot do this with Access 2003
forms?

Why I want to: I build datasheet forms, drag fields onto the form... then
find I have to grab each one and reposition it manually. For a datasheet
form I don't really care what order the controls are in, but I would like to
see them all grouped in one place.

I built a subroutine which repositioned my controls on a form which I open
hidden. I would now like to change the form's height and width to just
accommodate those controls and no more. But the only property I seem able to
manipulate is InsideHeight, which does not seem to work if the form is not
in a window. Any other properties I can manipulate to accomplish this -- or
anything I can do with container/document objects?

Thanks