[AccessD] "Record is deleted" error

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue May 25 08:26:45 CDT 2010

Hi Roz

Ameliorate? Wow. Had to look that up!

The "disk or network error" is the source of all evil. In fact, I'm 100% that this is the case here as well, and the problem users experience is only a symptom.
Susan and I wrote up some areas to investigate or avoid:

  http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/10things/?p=331

One of my favourites is #3 which Debbie mentioned some minutes ago.

/gustav

>>> roz.clarke at barclays.com 25-05-2010 13:51 >>>
Hi all

I've been asked to recommend a solution for an Access database that is
suffering from a "Record is deleted" error several times a day.

We're talking Access 2003 on Citrix, FE/BE split, 16 users using 2 .mde
FE's to access.

The error is fixed by everyone exiting the database, the BE is compacted
and repaired and the offending record deleted. The PK on the main table
is often lost at the same time and has to be recreated, along with any
relationships.

A little googling suggests that the error is caused by corruption of the
record, which may in turn be caused by dropouts in connectivity (that's
not clear but as 'disk or network error' is also commonplace, I suspect
it).

The table contains 2 memo fields, and some people have reported that
these are particularly problematic viz. this issue.

Apart from unbinding the form and controlling the save process in code,
can anything be done to ameliorate this?

Cheers

Roz