[AccessD] Constant copy interruptions

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Nov 1 08:00:30 CDT 2010

Hi John

He he, afraid of the command line he is!
Use tools like xcopy or - if you are keen about the delicate file attributes - robocopy:

http://www.sqlmag.com/article/sql-server/tool-tip-the-awesomeness-of-robocopy.aspx

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 01-11-2010 13:41 >>>
having created my UnRaid NAS, I am now moving stuff that I used to store on my expensive server off
to the NAS.  The problem is that it is tens or even hundreds of gigabytes of files, and windows
issues a constant stream of "are you sure" and "if you move this" and "there are properties that
can't copy" etc.

Moving a hundred gigabytes of files takes tens of hours, so I try to start it at night, only to come
back in the morning to find that it only moved a few gigs before stopping to ask "are you sure".

"Annoying" doesn't even come close to describing it.

Does anyone know how to tell Windows Explorer to stop asking and just move what I ask it to move?