[AccessD] New engagement; trying to avoid the "tip of the iceberg" consulting trap

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Sat Nov 6 15:15:09 CDT 2010

  Couldn't agree more and it's the reasons I bill strictly by the hour.

  My current rate is $70 regardless of the type of work I do.  Everything
and anything is billable. Only concession I give is if it's a project 24
hours or more, I discount my rate by 20%.

  Keeps life simple.  Have I lost some potential clients because of it?
Yes.  But I think I've also avoided quite a few pot holes (or worse) that
way.

Jim.