[AccessD] Another assessment....2007

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Sat Nov 13 15:01:36 CST 2010

We have a client who started with the FE and BE in 2007 format. The whole
system was slowwwwww! Even opening the forms in design view was slugish.
They were using the "new" attachment fields to store Word and Excel
documents. We got rid of the built in attachment functionality, moved the BE
to SQL server, and at their request put the documents in the database as
binaries. The whole thing really speeded up, even with the FE in the accdb
file format.