[AccessD] Ethical or not...

Bill Patten bill_patten at embarqmail.com
Mon Nov 15 23:24:06 CST 2010

?Mark,

Yes I have a test to see if the MDE is being opened in version 12 or 14 and
turn of built in menus and the ribbon, as I use regular office menu's for
everything.

Also I have found some forms for opening reports and set some pubic
variables in the form and get the info from the report using
forms!formname.variable.  This works fine in 2003 but will not work in 2010,
so I Remove the public variables and either create hidden text boxes with
the same name or write public functions to gather the information. I also
learned that objects in the footer of the report can not see public
variables in the open event of the report so again needed to create a pubic
function in a module to solve this problem. I create these kinds of
solutions because my clients are using 2003 and 2007 and 2010, so I ship
mdb's or mde's created in 2003.

Another interesting note is that trying to set the value in a text box in
the open event of a report will not work but 2010 has a load event and it
will set the value there. I can't use that because 2003 does not have a load
event, so another public function fixed it.

HTH

Bill