[AccessD] 8 columns of data to 6 output fields

Chris Swann dc8 at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 17 04:49:38 CST 2010

Hi Paul and the list,

I had a re-think last night and have now come up with a string based on the
codes that need to appear in the report.

So I will end up with things like, the lengths will differ according to how many
mapped values there are in the data

190101010101
0301192701
01011901
0101
030119

Where I have hit my next brick wall is the removal of duplicates from this
string.

So, for the string 19010101, I only need to see 1901 and these will then be
spilt into 19 and 01 for the output

I have sort of got some duplicate removal working, but again its very klunky and
doesn't catch things like 01011901 where the 19 fools my logic.

I've also now run into a "Query too complex" problem as well.

Guess the question now is how can I remove the duplicates from the string that I
create !!

I think that once I can resolve this bit I can get the output I need

Once again, thanks for any help.