[AccessD] Automating pdf printer

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Wed Nov 17 18:42:13 CST 2010

John,

I have set up several Access reports that are automatically run and emailed as attachments each night.  Here is the gist of how this works.

The Windows scheduler fires up a macro in an Access application which in turn initiates VBA code.  The VBA code establishes the file name for the PDF file.  (The file name includes a date/time stamp.)  The VBA code then runs and exports the report to the PDF file.

The file name of the generated PDF file is then passed to a "Command Line Emailer" which sends the email with the PDF file as an attachment.

This process was set up about 6 months ago and has worked successfully every night since.

I am not sure if this helps with your question.  If you need more details about any of the steps, please let me know.

Brad