[AccessD] OT: It's quiet here today...

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sun Nov 28 18:31:50 CST 2010

Hi Helmut --

Thank you for your note.
In fact Hermitage, St.Isaac Cathedral, Peter and Paul Fortress... and many
other beautiful monuments are just about ten miles to the left from the
place where that picture was taken: it's Finnish Gulf - the first day under
the ice - just about half a mile to the right from Neva River outfall...

Yes, quite a few of space and snow here to make a huge snowman :) - but it's
-17C here today. I will try to make a snowman with my son when it will
become warmer, in one of the coming weekends hopefully...

There were quite a few of kids in the park - you can see they are sledding
here on this photoclip on the left side
(http://sms-web.biz/nature/kids_sledding.jpg (75KB)) , and that was just the
second day of snow, and rather cold as I noted. When it's not that cold the
nearby hill is full of kids and their parents, and there are quite a few of
people walking in the park...

Here are the same pics I've referred already and a few more pics on
St.Petersburg:
http://sms-web.biz/nature/notes.html

Thank you.

--