[AccessD] Resize pictures

Joe O'Connell joeo at appoli.com
Tue Oct 5 23:28:27 CDT 2010

I am developing an A2003 application for a division of a construction
company that installs guardrails on highways.  They have long term
contracts with the Department of Transportation to fix/repair/replace
guardrails that have been damaged.  Part of the documentation that is
required is to provide a "before" and an "after" picture for all
repairs.

The application lets the user browse the memory card for the pictures
and then copies them to the computer's disk.  The original size of the
pictures is 5-6mb.  Not only will a lot of disk space be required to
store the pictures, but pictures of this size take a lot of time to be
scaled for forms and reports.  Due to the number of pictures processed
each day, it is not feasible for the user to manually resize the
pictures before uploading.   What I would like to do is to resize the
pictures during this transfer process to about 10% of their original
size.

Any suggestions or code snippets to resize the pictures are greatly
appreciated.

Joe O'Connell