[AccessD] Apples to oranges - take 2

Jurgen Welz jwelz at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 13:14:39 CDT 2010

'67564677 million records, 27 fields'

I don't think there is an SSD or SSD RAID capable of that many bytes, even if you have only 4 bytes per record in a Long numeric ID and no other data in the fields.

67,564,677,000,000 is a lot of records.  Multiply by 4 bytes for a long PK = 270,258,708,000,000 Bytes.   You need 270 terabytes neglecting even the space for an index or any data.
Add a first name and last name field with an average of 6 characters each and you need 810 terabytes before you index the names.  I think you're exaggerating

Ciao

Jürgen Welz

Edmonton, Alberta

jwelz at hotmail.com