[AccessD] Normal.dot file altered on close?

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Oct 11 11:18:39 CDT 2010

Dear List:

I automated some customer response letter in my customer tracking system -
opens a word , inserts the contents into the body of an email, closes the
doc.  When the doc closes, though, I get a notice that normal.doc has been
altered do I want to save it, etc.  PITA because of course, I have to
respond to the prompts.

What am I doing wrong?  The code's pretty minimal:

Private Sub MakeMessage(argDocument As String, argSubject As String)

    Dim objWord As Object
    Dim objWordDoc As Word.Document

    Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application
    Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem
    Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient
    Dim objOutlookAttach As Outlook.Attachment

    ' Get the body text
    Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
    objWord.Documents.Open (argDocument)
    objWord.Selection.WholeStory
    strBody = objWord.Selection
    'MsgBox strBody