[AccessD] Don't rush out - was SSD - Anything to it?

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Oct 12 20:49:39 CDT 2010

Yea, they are quite expensive ATM.  For the right situation though they can be worth jumping in.

I jumped on a 30G as a "ram disk" for my virtual machine(s).  It about tripled the speed of the
third party software that I was running.  Cost about $120 a year or so ago when I bought it.

I just bought three 120g drives for my SQL Server.  I am putting my database from hell on it and it
really does make a huge difference, about 3X faster in many circumstances over rotating media.