[AccessD] web-based development

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 10:48:16 CDT 2010

>From a reader -- someone looking for a database web developer. If you're interested, let me know. Right now, I'm trying to convince her that the person doesn't need to be in Ottawa.

Susan H.

Hello.  I just read your April 2008 item in Tech Republic on turning MS Access into a web-based version.  Over the last 10 years I, as a novice programmer and mostly as a volunteer, have gradually evolved a bunch of MS Access applications for several users in non-profit organizations.  the largest has 2,000 records, with provision for 800 fields for each client and is used by 50 terminals onto a central computer.  Just through .mdb files for the data and the screens/reports.  Each .mdb file is about 20 meg.

But the time has come to get someone to gradually take over maintenance and to probably turn it into something more technically advanced.

do you happen to know of anyone in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada who could do this?